Friday, November 11, 2011

Pumpkin Banana Muffins

I made a huge batch of these and put a lot of them in the freezer for some easy snacks once baby and family arrive... but my husband is a muffin monster and they are already gone! I may have snuck a few extra too. :-) Since they must have been yummy, I figured I should type out the notes I made while making them before I forget how I did it.

This makes 24 muffins:

4 tbsp butter
2 extra ripe bananas
1 can pumpkin
8 oz cinnamon apple sauce
1/4 c honey
4 eggs
1/4 c plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla

2 c white whole wheat flour
1 c rolled oats
1 cup cereal (I used Organic Flax Plus - Multigrain)
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 c chopped walnuts

As usual: mix all wet, mix all dry, add dry to wet, and you're ready to pour into greased muffin pans or as I prefer into paper muffin cup liners

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 mins. Adam likes to sweeten them with a little extra honey when he reheats them.

No comments:

Post a Comment