Monday, December 12, 2011

Ivy's First Week

Our little miracle has arrived! Ivy Adele Wallis was born 11-21-11 at 10:39 am. She was 6 pounds 10 ozs. and 20 1/2 inches long.

I had been having contractions for days and kept thinking it was time to go in but then my contractions would slow down or stop. I was starting to think I may be pregnant forever. I kept thinking.. maybe she is waiting for her Grandma to come. Sure enough! My mom flew to Phoenix Sunday afternoon. We went out for dinner and then walked around IKEA. When we got home I layed down in bed to read when my water broke! Off to hospital we went! I was SO happy my mom got to see me fully pregnant but most of all I was thankful she could be there every step of the way for Ivy's birth. She is the most comforting person I know and it was so special she could be there.
Waiting for Adam to frantically gather up all of our hospital gear.

It was a looong night!

My labor and delivery could not have gone smoother. What a blessing! You cannot describe the feeling when your baby is first placed on your chest! <3

Proud (and may I say BEST) daddy!

Biiig yawn!

I got my Daddy's feet which are already 1/3 the size of Mama's!

Ready to go HOME!


Meeting Uncle Dougie!

In the ten years I've known Steve (AKA Grandpa), this is the only time I've seen him cry. Miss Ivy 'stole his heart' he told us. 

Sleeping like an angel

Checking out my nursery with Mom

My Aunt Molly loves me sooo much!


Our little family :-)

The most amazing Grandma's a little girl could ask for. I am so thankful for everything you did for us while you were here!

This is me 5 days old

What an amazing journey it's been so far! We couldn't be more in love with our little peanut!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful little girl. And I am dying over the 3 pairs of feet picture- adorable! I couldn't be happier for you that your dream has finally come true. Praise God! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete