Friday, June 1, 2012

First Week of Summer Break

I'm so excited to be off for the summer!  Here's what we've been up to...

I've been making and freezing lots of baby food. 
My favorite so far is banana/sweet potato/cinnamon mmm! 
Steamed zucchini puree anyone?

It's been fun to eat our lunches together

We had only chilly morning where we got to bundle up for our stroll.
Other than that it's been hot, hot, hot - mid 90's to 105

Our friends' son Henry was baptized so we went to church with them and then to a party at their house.  Ivy's been fighting a head cold hence the red eyes.

On our way to Henry's house, too cool for school

On Memorial Day we went out to eat at Big Earl's in Cave Creek.

We've been trying out lots of different sippy cups.  So far she gets frustrated with them after just a couple minutes.  I'm not sure if it's because it's too hard, it's not coming as fast as she thinks it should, because it's not milk... ???  We'll keep practicing :-)

Ivy and I went to Mommy & Me Yoga. 
It was really fun!  As soon as I put Ivy on the mat she did 'downward facing dog' which she's never done before - no joke!

And now she does 'downward facing dog' everywhere!!

Even during 'nap time'

Sooo we bought a new playmat for our little gymnast










3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- that downward facing dog made me laugh out loud! And its pretty good form too'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making purees for Bennett as well, have you heard of the sili squeeze? As he got older, we started putting purees in there, and he LOVES it. It's kind of like a game to him and he gets to eat all his vegetables with no fuss from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, it makes me laugh too! Adam thinks the one of her in her workout gear is hilarious because it looks like she's all sweaty from a hard workout but really it's just drool. :-)

    Thanks Jayne, I hadn't heard of that but we'll definitely have to get one!

    ReplyDelete