Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pictures/Recipes


I've been making a freezing some healthy little meals for Ivy. Veggie Quinoa Bites on the left and fruity pancakes on the right.
I want to remember this quinoa bite recipe (HUGE batch):
Cook 2 cups of quinoa in 4 cups vegetable broth (I used 1 cup regular quinoa and 1 cup Inca Red quinoa)
Chop a 10 oz bag of frozen veggies (this one was carrots, broccoli, zuchini) into itty bitty pieces and add to quinoa as it's in the middle of cooking
Once the quinoa and veggies are cooked add 6 oz cheese (I used a colby jack/cheddar blend), 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, 5 eggs
line pans with wax paper and add bite size drops
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes

Ivy was sick all last week so we had several 'work from home in our jammies days'.

Fifties Day Bring your monster to work day.
Ivy came to work with me for a couple hours Friday.
She had fun playing with my friend Suzanne, another speech therapist.

first 'chucks'

If you're happy and you know it...

 and she's off


We've been trying to super budget, so I made some homemade laundry detergent. The recipe is from Little House in the Suburbs.  Supposedly it costs less than a penny a load. I like it so far.



contemplating the depths of the universe or mesmerized by the fan, I guess we'll never know

The weather has been gorgeous!

 enjoying hot chocolate & a walk on a rare cloudy day

 The 'Vintage Christmas' market is this weekend, so I've been busy preparing

ONE WEEK until Michigan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment